Hard to believe that Summer has almost come and gone. Here are some things that have helped these mamas and babies stay happy in the heat!
Amanda & Caleb’s Must Haves
Bug Spray: To keeps the bugs at bay we have been using the Burts Bees bug spray. So far it has worked no one in our family has been bit this summer. The only down side is that it does leave you feeling greasy.
- Sunscreen: Kiss My Face, hands down has been a great sunscreen. Easy to use and it works great. We spent hours at the beach in and out of our beach tent and it kept Calebs baby soft skin safe. You can find it here.
- Beach Gear: I really loved having a tent for Caleb when we went to the ocean. It was nice to give him a space where he could enjoy the sounds of the beach and play without having the sun beating down on him.
- Water Gear: I found a cloth diaper at Target that was safe for water use. At first I wondered it if it would actually work, Im happy to say it did the job!
Grace and Jolie’s Must Haves:
- Sun-hat: Along with sunscreen, hats are a big help when we are out in the sun. The wider the brim, the more hilariously adorable joliebean is. 🙂
- Coconut Oil: Our back yard is like a little forest and when it rains it can get a little swampy. If I miss a spot with bug spray, coconut oil stops the itching almost immediately! I also have been using it for everything I cook, especially summer squash. We get ours at Trader Joes.
- Watermelon: Every summer we go through probably 60 watermelons. My husband and now my daughter can eat an entire watermelon in one sitting.
- Inflatable pool: It’s so hot during the day it is hard to go for walks or to the playground. Jolie’s grandma bought her a little inflatable pool at target that’s big enough for our whole family.
- Rockin’ Baby Sling: Slings and pouches don’t have all of the padding and straps that other carriers have so it is my favorite especially during the summer! I have three: a sling for each car and my pouch stays at home. 🙂