In 12 days Jolie will be 1 year old. Can you believe it? I sure can’t. Time goes by much quicker with young children, even though the days seem a lot longer.
It’s so important to catch every moment with an ever-growing baby, yet the first year is spent sleep-deprived and focused on learning the basics of motherhood. I feel like I’ve missed so much even though I have spent more than 2 hours away from her only a handful of times. As I’ve been preparing for this transition into toddlerhood I wonder if I wasted this valuable first year. What could I have done better, which mistakes will I keep in mind when another little one comes along? I didn’t do everything right and there are a few things I wish I could go back and try differently, but that’s life isn’t it? It’s good we have a gracious and loving God who can guide us through every decision, no matter how small, and doesn’t keep track of our mistakes. 🙂
Here are a few of my favorite memories of the past year:
1. The first time we met. I was so out of it, but you were so beautiful. I remember thinking you were so squishy with all your chubby rolls.
4. All of those late night/early morning chamomile tea parties while you worked on a poop or just didn’t want to sleep.
8. That time you had a stomach ache and the only thing that stopped your crying was playing the drums with daddy.
8. That time you had the crazy snot bubble!
12. The time you found a picture of your dad, pointed to his face, said “dada,” and kissed it!
Jolie, this has been the best year of my life. Thank God for bringing you here, and giving me the privilege to raise you.