Jolie Aleksandra was born one year ago today: Thursday, October 4th, 2012 at 14:35 after 13 hours of labor and 2 hours of pushing. She was 9 lb 10 oz of pure joy. (You can read the story here.)
1) Never judge a mother on her parenting style. Before Jolie I used to look at a family and think “I won’t do that with my kids.” Wrong. I do all of those things and more. Sometimes she goes a whole day with yoghurt in her ear because it is easier to wait until bath time.
2) Small talk isn’t THAT terrifying. Jolie is a social baby. My mom always said she was like me until she had kids and was forced to talk to people. Babies are a great conversation topic, and Jolie always breaks the ice with her big smile. I still have a long way to go before I will be as talkative as Amanda. 😉
3. Moms have ninja moves and lightning speed when their children are in trouble. I can’t even control it. Mommy to the rescue.
4. There are way too many baby things to waste money on. I’ll share what we found most useful for this first year soon! 5. It’s okay to be late. No one judges families with kids for being late. 6. Don’t get caught up with how your baby should be according to the books/doctors. I’ve spent plenty of time stressing out when Jolie wasn’t doing what I had read was right for her age. I wish I had spent those hours enjoying what she was doing, rather than worrying about what she wasn’t. 7. Being a mother is really hard! I appreciate my mom more and more as Jolie gets older and the decisions get tougher. 8. There is nothing sweeter than when daddy gets home and Jolie’s smile gets 10x bigger. 9. God designed moms to survive on little sleep, but not dads. 10. I understand why families don’t stop with one child. It goes by too quick, and even though I love each new thing Jolie learns, I miss what she was doing the week before.11. Prayer is so important in raising a child. Without prayer and trust in God this year would have been so much more difficult. Thank you Jesus for guidance!
12. I can’t form the words to describe the love i feel for Jolie. How much more does God love each of us?
(Photo Cred: Maria Jones
What she wore:
Headband Little Malinka
Jacket and Pants Baby Gap
Shirt and Tutu made by me